The foundation supports children with disabilities and projects which are designed to improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. We also support projects that focus on educating about healthy eating and lifestyles.
1 billion people worldwide
1 billion people worldwide have a disability:
- 253 million people are affected by some form of visual impairment, or 17% of the world population, including 36 million suffering from blindness.
- 466 million people have disabling hearing loss, or 6% of the world's population.
- About 200 million people have an intellectual disability or 2.6% of the world population.
- 75 million people need a wheelchair every day, or 1% of the world's population. (OMS, 2019).
Discrimination towards disabled children
Discrimination towards disabled children often leads to them being given limited access to basic social services, in particular education, and to a general lack of recognition. With the ball, we encourage social inclusion and promote a change of perception towards people with disabilities.
Did you know?
- 690 million people are undernourished
- 2 bullion people experience some level of food insecurity
- 38 million children under 5 years old are overweight
- The COV ID 19 pandemic may add between 83 and 132 million people to the total number of undernourished in the world in 2020
- Over 3 billion people cannot afford a healthy diet
We use football to help children
As enshrined in Article 31 of the UN Convention on the
Rights of the Child. We support programmes that foster the inclusion of all children,
regardless of ability.