Location and general information
According to the Kyrgyzstan National Statistical Committee, the country had 1.6 million young people aged 14–28 in 2018, of which 51% were men and 49% women.
The Kyrgyz Republic has a young population, with over a quarter between 14 and 28. Some 70% of young people live in rural districts. There is an urgent need for more extracurricular activities, mostly in rural regions. Getting children to try a broad range of sports at an early age with specialist coaching would boost the culture of sport in Kyrgyzstan.
1) Improve the behaviour of young people through involvement in football and sport in general
2) Promote sport and healthy lifestyles among young people
3) Encourage marginalised and potentially antisocial young people to try sport
Our focus is on rural regions in northern Kyrgyzstan, for a target audience of young people aged 14–16 who are just finding their way in society, forming communities of interest and thinking about their futures.
1) Liaising with youth specialists from the regional education department to identify the schools and regions with the greatest need
2) Educating trainers to deliver the ‘Get into life’ programme in Bishkek
3) Recruiting 150–300 participants to form 16 football teams
4) Organising an inter-regional tournament in four locations
5) Holding a major tournament in Bishkek