Location and general information
PluSport is the Swiss federation for disability sport. It has promoted the integration of disabled people through sport for over 60 years. PluSport uses football to promote disability sport among its 12,000 amateur members; 90 regional clubs offer a wide range of sports. PluSport also organises some 100 camps.
To use football as a tool for the integration and promotion of young people. All children should be given the opportunity to have fun playing football, make new friends and integrate socially.
- Facilitate access to ball games for disabled children
- Create new ball sport groups for children and teenagers
- Develop the discipline of rafroball for young wheelchair users
- Promote and develop sports for disabled people
- Participate in projects through partnership relations
- Encourage social integration through sport
Disability football has great promotional potential. Thanks to the support of the energy group Axpo Holding AG, promotional events are planned in support of the national disability sports day and the ‘PluSport football teams’ project for disabled children and young people. The goal is to create at least 15 youth groups for approximately 220 athletes with eight tournaments a year.
‘From Football to Rafroball’ project
This project introduces a new integrative form of play for wheelchair users called rafroball. This is a ball game developed for both disabled and non-disabled young people that replaces football for wheelchair users.
The objective is to create five youth groups with 50 active athletes and to organise two tournaments and a sports camp each year.
- Integrate children, teenagers and whole groups in PluSport clubs or regional associations of the Swiss Football Association
- Identify infrastructure needed for training/matches (halls, pitches, changing rooms)
- Provide training for coaches
- Organise additional tournaments
- Organise football camps for children and teenagers
- Provide compensation for volunteers (coaching staff, referees, athletes)
- Purchase equipment for training and tournaments