Location and general information
The role of parents in sports is more important than ever, especially in children’s early years. The Path of a Champion project aims to give parents the education and knowledge they need to provide much-needed support to their children. It will teach parents about the benefits of sport for their children as well as the potential challenges. Studies have shown that 46% of children give up sport by the age of 14 due to stress or pressure from parents to compete.
The project aims to create a happier and healthier sports environment for children by educating and supporting parents.
- Improving parents’ knowledge of sport in general
- Improving parents’ self-regulation skills in the sports environment
- Improving parents’ ability to motivate their children to start and continue to play sports
- Educating parents on how to choose a fun and happy sports environment for their children
- Interactive workshops for parents with videos of athletes, their parents and their coaches sharing their experiences and the challenges they faced
- Online panel discussions and lectures featuring guest speakers, with a live Q&A session for parents
- Improving parents’ knowledge and awareness of the importance of sport for their children’s development and growth
- Making the sports environment healthier and happier for children, and encouraging more children to get involved in sport