Location and general information
Over the past 20 years, Sport dans la Ville has enabled more than 3,000 children and teenagers to go on holiday. Their holiday experiences help them to mature and have a huge impact on their life trajectories.
To make it possible for even more children and teens to enjoy a holiday, Sport dans la Ville is creating its own holiday and vocational training centre in Poët-Laval, Drôme. Every year, the centre will accommodate 800 nine- to eighteen-year-olds from disadvantaged areas.
During their stay, the children will have opportunities for personal growth, creativity, discovery and sports. The centre’s group activities will promote mutual respect, solidarity, daily commitment and team work. The children will leave with happy memories and motivation to strive to achieve new goals.
Sport dans la Ville plans to create a holiday and training centre set within 22 hectares of stunning natural scenery where young people registered with the association can stay during their summer holidays. The centre will provide sports and leisure activities that will encourage their personal growth. The oldest children will also receive vocational training in activity leading, hospitality and catering.
- Provide holiday camps where young people can learn about individual and group responsibility, initiative taking, mutual respect and support, solidarity and interculturality.
- Work with training bodies to give young people access to vocational training in activity leading, tourism, landscaping, hospitality and catering.
Providing sports, arts and outdoor activities at the holiday camp:
- Team sports such as football, basketball, tennis, volleyball, field hockey, archery and baseball.
- Swimming lessons.
- Nature activities such as orienteering, mountain biking, camping, climbing, hiking, tree climbing, escape games and astronomy.
- Creative activities such as painting, music, dance, drama, pottery, public speaking and reading.
- Building projects such as constructing cabins, maintaining hiking trails and planting trees.
Providing training and work placements for young people participating in the Job dans la Ville employability programme:
- Vocational training in sports and youth activity leading, hospitality and catering, and landscape and grounds maintenance.
- Camp catering work placements.
- Theoretical and practical training leading to the BAFA and BAFD youth activity leader and manager qualifications.
- Camp career discovery days.
- 800 young people staying in holiday camps every year.
- 100 young foreigners staying in holiday camps every year.
- 350 young people receiving job training and guidance every year.